Karanji A Delicious Diwali Recipe
2 tsp Maida
2 tsp Poppy Seeds
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 pinch Nutmeg Powder
1 cup grated Dry Coconut
1 pinch dry Ginger Powder
2 tbsp Mixed Dry fruit pieces
1 cup maida
1 tsp Ghee
Salt to taste
Warm milk to prepare dough
1. Roast Dry coconut.
2. Roast maida in ghee.
3. Roast poppy seeds.
4. Mix all the above ingredients & grind them.
Mix all the dough ingredients & prepare dough (a little hard).
1. Make small oval shaped puris from dough.
2. Fill the prepared stuffing inside.
3. Apply some water or milk so that it will seal properly (don’t apply too much of water as it will not seal properly).
4. Deep fry it till it becomes brownish colour.
5. Serve it hot or cold.
6. Karanjis can be stored for weeks.