Diwali Recipe: Mushrooms in Onion Gravy
200 gm Mushrooms
Salt as per taste
A pinch of cardamom powder
Red chili powder as per taste
A pinch of garam masala powder
3 Green chillies, finely chopped
2 Tomatoes, finely chopped or pureed
1. Slice mushrooms, boil them and keep aside.
2. Make a paste of the onions.
3. Heat oil in a wok and add the onion paste; cook till the paste turns golden brown.
4. Add the tomatoes, green chilies, salt and red chilli powder.
5. Cook the tomatoes till the gravy leaves the sides of the wok.
6. Add water if required.
7. Add the mushrooms and cook for a while.
8. Season with garam masala powder, cardamom powder and coriander leaves.